The award winning professionals of CEC are actively involved in the planning, surveying, permitting, design, funding, and construction administration of coastal, marine, wetlands and uplands projects from Louisiana to Florida, into the Caribbean, and worldwide.
CEC realizes that the design of all marine, coastal, upland and wetland projects requires careful consideration of the ways the projects may impact the natural environment. Thus CEC strives to achieve the following philosophy in our approach to all projects:
- Fundamental Design Philosophy
- Define, Understand and Mimic Natural Processes
- Restore or Maintain Ecosystem Functionality
- Avoid or Minimize Environmental Impacts
- Construction Standards
- Provide for Endangered Species & Natural Resource Habitat Protection Safeguards
- Conduct Routine Monitoring to Document Safeguards
- Employ Best Management Practices
- Mitigating Impacts
- Quantify Environmental Impacts from Restoration Measures
- Develop Mitigation Plan to Compensate for Losses
- Provide for Monitoring to Document Performance & Success
Our design and construction projects are conducted in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws governing construction. One of our primary focuses is the protection of the environment. We pride ourselves on our innovative designs to enhance project performance and avoid impacts to the environment; and, where appropriate, design and implement mitigation plans to offset these impacts. While conducting resource surveys, we coordinate detailed mapping, characterization, and quantification of flora, fauna, and quality and character of the sensitive environmental habitat within and adjacent to the project site.
Coastal Engineering Consultants, Inc. has continuous experience in various marine projects and is active in the monitoring and assessment of performance to meet client needs and satisfaction.
For more information, please contact Michael Poff at 239-643-2324, Ext. 126, email@example.com.